Say hello to our latest widget: Roadmap! Read on to learn more about everything new in Tuleap 12.8
Brand new widget: Roadmap
Despite the rise of Agile methodologies, there is still a huge demand for time-based representation of work items. Seasoned Tuleap users might know that there is already a way to display a roadmap in project dashboards through the “Gantt” widget on top of trackers. But after quite some time, we figured it was somehow impractical, almost impossible to navigate, with no management of dependencies – and objectively ugly (yep, we know). So, it was time to change that. With Tuleap 12.8, we’re excited to introduce the brand-new Roadmap widget.
As of Tuleap 12.8, Roadmap renders:
- Any tracker that represents an artifact on a timescale (thanks to Timeframe semantic)
- Allows switching timescale from week to quarter
- Displays link between items (according to their type)
- Shows progress on bars thanks to the new Progress semantic
- Milestones (artifacts with start date equals to end date)
The development of this plugin is still ongoing and the next releases will focus on the display of children as well as the ability to define progress with different criteria. Watch this space!
Browsers compatibility and end of support
Even if we don’t approve the usage of vulnerable browsers we also understand that it might not be under users’ hands to update. Hence we introduce a new deprecation policy for browsers:
- Tuleap 12.13 (September 2021) will cease to work on Chrome & Edge older than 87 and Firefox older than 78. If your organization still cannot upgrade to less old (to be honest we cannot call them recent) browsers, you should no longer update Tuleap as pages won’t load at all.
Keep in mind that upgrading browsers to the most recent version is one of the key security action you can do. There is no point for Tuleap team to fix XSS bugs if your browser is open to execute any random code.
Bugs and Requests
There were 50 bugs fixed and requests implemented during 12.8 release cycle. Bugs and security fixes were already back port on Tuleap Enterprise builds. You will find below a selection of the most notable fixes.
- request #20150 Improve tracker field dependencies matrix
- request #20902 Open list field are not displayed on cards
- request #20579 Better management of mermaid syntax error
Tuleap Test Management
- story #19730 manage steps in REST API: POST /artifacts
- request #20564 Have mermaid diagrams in TTM steps defs
- request #20900 Disable the possibility to drag item names in the documents plugin
- request #20913 Document : Item Dropdowns are closed when mouse leave it
- request #20907 Remove legacy project creation page
- request #20573 Stop building condensed stylesheets
- request #18496 Move nginx & apache configuration deployment to tuleap-cfg site-deploy