Did you notice that the Release Notes are smaller those days? You are right, you don’t need a big cup of coffee to enjoy the reading, an espresso is enough. We are working on a bunch of features that don’t play well with the progressive delivery you got used to. For instance, we are completely overhauling the way you interact with artifact links in trackers, and we are upgrading MediaWiki to the last LTS version. But rest assured, it’s only a matter of time until you can find out what we’ve been up to!
Nonetheless, for the release of Tuleap 13.7, we can show you the work that has been done to help you (re)enforce compliance in your documentation delivery. And mostly, you’ll see much work on bugs and requests.
Standards compliance: tighten up Documentation Delivery
Teams that must comply with standards are required to follow strict rules regarding delivered documentation. There are various rules but, often, the most important one is: what has been seen cannot be unseen [insert meme here]. In other words, once something has been delivered, it should not be possible to delete it (and argue you never claimed something).
Tuleap now allows document administrators, at project level, to restrict the capabilities exposed to “Document Writers”. In Tuleap terms, “Document Writers” are allowed to perform any kind of modifications on documents and folders (creation, update & delete) except actions related to permissions themselves.
There are two levels of restrictions:
- Forbid the modification of properties: writers will be able to create new documents and set their properties (title, description, status, and any project defined one) but once it’s done, no further modifications will be allowed.
- Forbid the deletion of documents and versions: writers can create new documents, new versions of them, but cannot delete anything.
NB: both restrictions can be used in combination or independently.
Bugs and Requests
There were 34 bugs fixed and requests implemented during the 13.7 release cycle. Bugs and security fixes were already back-ported on Tuleap Enterprise builds. You will find below a selection of the most notable fixes.
- Tracker permission are not stored when user group is already submitter
- List values used in trigger should not be delete/hidden
- Tracker list field administration – color picker ui issue
- Field dependencies and transitions rules are not check when the value is automatically selected
- We should not be able to delete fields used in triggers
- Fatal error thrown in Artifact Renderer when artifact do not have a changeset
- Sidebar shortcuts are catched on open list bound to user
- References are not interpreted in report column if the field text is in html
- Workflow can be broken due to deleted values in transition
Kanban / Planning
- Kanban popup/modal window References lost their hovertext
- Links and references should be clickable in Planning and Kanban
- Artifact modal can’t be be open if a non submitable field is in field dependencies
- Kanban: Update status in artifact modal should not triggers new update when it’s moved to another columns