Tuleap 9.5 March 2017
With this release, Tuleap crew confirms its ALM strategy: provide tooling for all team members: developer (Git pull requests), project managers (Tracker Query Language), agile teams (Mattermost Scrum Dasbhoard).
In addition to all those goodness, you can now ping us and other Tuleap community members on chat, join the team!
With the implementation of story #8860 TQL for select box the Tracker Query Language can now fulfill advanced search needs in Tuleap Trackers. Most fields are already supported (Numeric, Date, Lists) with useful operators (NOW(), MYSELF()).
What you can do with TQL that was not possible before:
- Build a report with relative dates. For instance all bugs submitted or modified last week: submitted_date BETWEEN(NOW() - 7d, NOW()) OR last_modified_on BETWEEN(NOW() - 7d, NOW())
- Search for open artifacts assigned or submitted by you: status NOT IN (“closed”, “declined”) AND (submitted_by = MYSELF() or assigned_to = MYSELF())
Learn more about all TQL possibilities in Tuleap Documentation.
In Spring 2016, Enalean, main Tuleap contributor, took a new approach of it’s Open Roadmap strategy for Tuleap. We got a customer interested by getting Pull Requests into Tuleap but they were not able to fund the whole development.
Enalean decided to take in charge the missing funds to get the feature developed, betting that others might be interested to fund the remaining amount of money once the feature was available. And it worked! After the initial release during summer 2016, other customers wanted to get access to Pull Requests plugin (it was private back then).
Fast forward now, as of Tuleap 9.5, pullrequests plugin is 100% funded so Enalean make it publicly available to all Tuleap Community.
This includes the following features:
- Create requests across branches in the same repository
- Create requests from a personal fork
- Comment in files reviewed
- Comment requests globally
- (cross)-reference requests from any point of Tuleap
- Integrate with Jenkins to know if tests passed on the code to integrate
- Dedicated dashboard to follow-up pull requests status
Discover all Pull Requests features and learn how to make your first PR in Tuleap Documentation.
Mattermost is a team chat application, Open Source alternative to Slack that you can install on your premises.
We are happy to make available two plugins that bridge Tuleap & Mattermost:
- Integration for Tuleap Git: configure your git repo to notify a channel when someone push.
- Integration for Tuleap Scrum Dashboard: get a fresh snapshot of your daily stand-up modifications, right in your dev channel (ideal for teams that work across the globe and that cannot make it for each daily stand-up):
Installation details are in Tuleap Documentation.
Tuleap 9.5 comes with a nice addition for Kanban, a Realtime Companion. With this realtime server, any action done on an artifact on a Kanban will be propagated to other users without page reload.
- for any action done on Kanban (drag & drop, creation, update)
- for actions done directly on artifact (even without being in the Kanban
Checkout how to install Tuleap realtime.
- story #9634: restrict Gerrit server by project
- story #9892: notify group of people in addition to individuals, for Git push only at the moment
In addition to that, 49 requests were integrated.
We are pleased to welcome 2 new contributors to Tuleap dev team:
- Seif Eddine Gamoudi
- Marouane Baini
Both work for STMicroelectronics at Tunis and they already contributed with request #9885 Blank page when accessing to agile dashboard service.